CSOs are encouraged to submit oral statements on the topics of the three separate sessions of Istanbul Summit 2016 on the first day, May 7, Saturday. The topics of the sessions as follows:
- Setting the Framework: (Linking) Sustainable Development and Promotion of Peace
- Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women and Girls
- Women, Peace and Security
The purpose of accepting such statements by the CSOs is to share different experiences, commitments or contributions, including recommendations, policy advices, innovative success stories, best practices or initiatives.
Please explain the general characteristics of the success stories or best practices, the issues faced and the strategies used by your CSO.
CSOs submitting their oral statements must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Sign-up period for requests to make an oral statement: 30 April 2016
- CSOs shall submit their oral statements via this website.
- Oral statements will be delivered in English during the sessions.
- Oral statements should not exceed three minutes (that is, about 600 words).
- For each session, a limited number of statements will be selected due to time limit.